Subject: any 'brconfig' on NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matteo Salsilli <macinteo@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/03/2001 14:56:48
Hi, I need to setup a bridge on my LAN, in order to connect a 2-NIC
BSD-box to both a cisco router and the internal LAN. Something like:

internet-----(ADSL)CISCO-----NIC(ae0)--BSD--NIC(sn0)-----LAN

I need bridge stuff because the CISCO has just the static IP, that my
provider set in it, and it offers no NAT or other services.

Now, if I were on OpenBSD, I'd use the 'brconfig' (as simply explained
in the 'ipf' manual) with something like:
		brconfig bridge0 add sn0 add ae0 up
		ifconfig ae0 up
		ifconfig sn0 up

to let packets flow, and then set up a NAT service by configuring an IP
address just in the internal sn0 interface.
My problem is that 'brconfig' is not present on the NetBSD.
Is there a way to configure the kernel or ddevices to support bridging
in any way on NetBSD?

thanks, Matteo.

btw- I cannot use the OpenBSD on my machine (mac68k), because there is
no OpenBSD-support for the third-party added NIC I use. (the built-in
sn0 works ok).