Subject: Re: raid-1 problem
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Jim Breton <jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/01/2001 10:54:56
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:13:40AM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
>  2) Put a line like:
>
> # KEYWORD: shutdown
>
> in /etc/rc.d/swap1 .  That way when you do a shutdown, the system will
> (hopefully) be able to unconfigure the swap, which should allow the RAID set
> to unconfigure cleanly.  (Hmm.. there might be something else needed here,
> but it's been a while since I last thought about this problem..)

Wojciech: did the above solve the problem for you?

I am having the same problem on a RAID1 setup now; I found this thread
and tried that but the parity still rebuilds on each boot. :-\

Is there any other information I can provide that would assist in
solving this issue?  I am running NetBSD 1.5.2 on x86.

Thanks.