Subject: Re: F-Prot Linux (i386) binary ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/28/2001 20:00:59
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 05:32:06PM +0100, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

> I get that alot on a few Linux binaries I use. Like Quake, and Halflife.
> They don't themselves seem to reply on the 64bit operations, but
> something in libc is. I find that if I tell it to ignore Bad System call
> they work just fine anyway.

Thanks, it almost helped :-) I got rid of the the syscall complaint but
there's something else that's fishy. I need to install current on some
test box and try it out there. Another not-so-interesting snippet from
the ktrace, while it's trying to read sign.def:

17161 f-prot   RET   read 1693/0x69d
17161 f-prot   CALL  close(0x3)
17161 f-prot   RET   close 0
17161 f-prot   CALL  [197]
17161 f-prot   RET   [197] -1 errno -38 Too many processes
17161 f-prot   CALL  fstat(0x1,0xbfbfd76c)
17161 f-prot   RET   fstat 0

I'll try it on some stable version of current.
--
jht