Subject: Re: F-Prot Linux (i386) binary ?
To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/28/2001 17:32:06
Matthias Scheler wrote:

> In article <20010928142631.A8427@mail.er-grp.com>,
>         jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com writes:
> > 12144 f-prot   RET   read 585/0x249
> > 12144 f-prot   CALL  [197]
> > 12144 f-prot   PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL
> > 12144 f-prot   NAMI  "f-prot.core"
>
> It tries to use 64Bit file operations which are not supported by NetBSD 1.5.
>
> > Any help appreciated!
>
> Your only chance is to update to NetBSD-current which is able to
> emulate these calls. But because NetBSD-current is a development
> version you might experience other problems with it.
>
>         Kind regards

I get that alot on a few Linux binaries I use. Like Quake, and Halflife.
They don't themselves seem to reply on the 64bit operations, but
something in libc is. I find that if I tell it to ignore Bad System call
they work just fine anyway.

But I can't guarantee that is the case for you :)

You can use something like:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <signal.h>

main(int argc, char **argv)