Subject: "inside in" redirects with NAT?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/2001 23:30:17
I'm trying to get rid of my crufty linux NAT box with NetBSD 1.5.2.  can
ipnat do "inside in" redirects?  will a rdr make my public IP accessible
to machines on the inside of my network?

I'm thinking along the lines of:

rdr ep1 1.2.3.4/32 port 80 -> 10.0.0.2 port 80 tcp

will this make 1.2.3.4:80 accessible to internal hosts?  (it is not with
my ancient 2.1.xxx linux, and it drives me crazy.  plus I'd like to
start tinkering with IPv6...)

  "If you are wondering why I stopped after ten chapters, it is because
           Chapter 11 was never considered for a book on Alpha!"
    --  Dileep P. Bhandarkar, _Alpha Implementations and Architecture_