Subject: Re: identd + NAT
To: Michael Eriksson <Michael.Eriksson@era-t.ericsson.se>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Dawid_Szyma=F1ski?= <dawszy@igloo.netbsd.lubin.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/21/2001 11:46:45
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:16:19PM +0200, Michael Eriksson wrote:
=> dawszy@netbsd.lubin.pl wrote:
=> > Hello, I have a big network behind the NetBSD+NAT machine.
=> > I'd like to allow all of them using irc networks.
=> > I couldn't find any identd + NAT working on NetBSD.
=> > Any sollutions ?
=>
=> Do what I do, and run fair-identd from the pkg collection on the NAT
=> machine. The Identification Protocol pretty much sucks anyway, so
=> don't go overboard to deliver "correct" information.

Hmm fair-identd sucks ;)
I'm running now ridentd.pl it's a random identd daemon, but I still
looking for proper sollution I mean with NAT support.

Dawid.

--
http://igloo.netbsd.lubin.pl/