Subject: switching to -current: dangerous ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/2001 19:09:57
Hi,

I'm using NetBSD 1.5.2 (tracking netbsd-1-5 with sup) and i'm rather
happy with it.

But it seems there is some features in -current that could be even
more fun for me: namely uscanner support (i have a EPSON 1240U and i
know that uscanner recognize it), and locales (i'm french).

I know that -current is a bleeding edge, too (i used to track
FreeBSD-current on my laptop for a while, for same reasons) so, my
question is: is it really a bad idea to switch my working desktop to
current or is it worth the while (for the reasons presented above) ?

My platform is a Athlon (i386) and, as far as i remember, tracking
FreeBSD-Current was not so perilous (as far as we track the current
mailing list, too).

I've suscribed to the NetBSD current and others mailing lists but
there's no too much message (at least, far less than with FreeBSD). Is
it a good sign? ;-)

Anyway, i wait for some advices about pro/cons to change my sup tags.

        Thanks in advance,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1304276047 secondes