Subject: Re: Usenet/uucp - doing things the old way.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/2001 11:58:01
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Smith <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk> writes:

Chris> I'm going to set up a basic news and mail system across
Chris> 2 sites replicated by uucp and, yes, modems (oooh!) as
Chris> an experiment.   Anyone got any good pointers to books
Chris> etc on uucp, bearing in mind I cant get hold of the
Chris> OReilly book anywhere!

For my own, i'm using UUCP to retrieve a news spool (and post
articles) and mail from my ISP on my NetBSD box with my modem I've
dont read any book on UUCP, only docs (in french). In fact, my
configuration is rather simple: it's just a matter of putting the
right stuff in the right files ;-)

I may mail you these files, if you think they may help you.

Chris> PS - Yes I know I'm mad.  I also have the Sun 4/330 to
Chris> prove it now ;)

No, you're not mad, UUCP is a pretty good solution to suck news and
mails (much faster than other solutions i've tried so far).

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1304250708 secondes