Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.2
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Heath <justin@bbnow.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/15/2001 10:25:21
On Saturday 15 September 2001 07:07 am, you wrote:
> About how long does it take before NetBSD 1.5.2 CD sets will be available,
> and will there be additional CDs offered with the packages?  Or will the
> packages be used from previous CD releases?
>
> On my current old computer, NetBSD 1.5.1 boot was hanging, and same result
> with NetBSD 1.5 generic kernel and two test install kernels from 1.5.2.  I
> might download NetBSD 1.5.2 generic kernel to use with DOSBOOT just to see
> if I get a better result.

From the rellease anouncement:
CD images (ISOs), bootable on some platforms, will be available as of Sunday,
16 September 2001. Also included are three binary package CD images identical
to those distributed for NetBSD 1.5.1. These will be available at the
download sites listed under the "ISO image mirrors" section.

http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/formal-1.5/NetBSD-1.5.2.html

As far as "official CD's" Wasabi Systems (http://www.wasabisystems.com)
gennereally provides these. I actually have on on order from them also.
However due to the NYC tragedy this has suspended some of Wasabis operations
and do not know how soon they will be able to package and ship the CD's.