Subject: Problems with Accton N2242 (I believe that's the model number)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Gottheil <tom@gottheil.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/13/2001 21:41:35
I installed NetBSD on my laptop with a boot floppy and ftp install, and it
worked perfectly detecting my MiniPCI Accton NIC as tlp0 and configuring it
with DHCP.  However, when I rebooted, the card was not found.  I don't know
if the driver was even configured in the generic kernel, because the install
procedure does not install the kernel sources by default.  For the same
reason, I cannot configure anything new without downloading the kernel
sources via the integrated NIC (sort of an infinite loop).  Is the tlp
driver configured by default, and if so, why is it not working?  Also, the
same is true of my 3com 3c3FEM656 Cardbus NIC, it is not detected at all
(I'm not sure if it is supported anyway).  I hope someone can help with
this.

P.S. I can supply a dmesg if needed.
---