Subject: Re: HIS problem solved!
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dariusz Bismor <dbismor@ia.polsl.gliwice.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/12/2001 16:20:35
Dnia =A6ro 12. Wrzesie=F1 2001 16:07, napisa=B3e=B6:
> > Hi, all
> > Thanks for everyone trying to help me. I've checked all my configs
> > against your suggestions, and they appeared to be OK.
> > So I've changed the computer and everything became clear.
> > It was hardware incompatibility that didn't allow me to connect
> > to the HIS device.
>
> ?????? hardware imcompatibility?
> you mean you have incompatible RS-232 port?!?!
I don't know the details, but I've read somwhere (HIS users club?)
that this might happen.
Of course, this is not the port as whole, but UART. I suppose the=20
one in my computer is too slow. I can immagine that the device
that sends data faster than my port can receive it (and I cannot=20
change that speed) can't talk to my port. What different explanation
can you give to such situation when the same system (on the same
disk) works well in one computer and doesn't work at all in another
(assuming the port isn't switch off in BIOS, but I'm not that stupid)

--=20
                      |\           Dariusz Bismor=20
                    / | \          Instytut Automatyki Politechniki =A6l=B1=
skiej
                   /  |   \        mailto:dbismor@ia.polsl.gliwice.pl
                _/__|___\      http://www.ia.polsl.gliwice.pl/dbismor