Subject: Re: new expanded DMCA-like law
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/11/2001 07:46:05

        http://www.politechbot.com/docs/hollings.090701.html

>-wolfgang

I certainly hope this DMCA-like law can be defeated, wish DMCA would be
defeated too.  Dmitry Sklyarov is threatened with a long prison sentence for
something perfectly legal in Russia.

Will computer users still be able to copy their own files, or music that the
composer willingly offers for download, on a freeware or shareware basis?  What
the music industry has been doing leaves me feeling bitter.  If they act like
Nazis, I will just not buy any digital music.  I've already pretty much
mentally written off music CDs and DVD movies, will save my money for more
worthwhile things.