Subject: Re: Postfix and NetBSD
To: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/09/2001 19:06:53
Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr> writes:

>I'm using the same main.cf as i do with my other os, and there is a
>/var/spool/postfix/etc with localtime, service and resolv.conf (as it
>seems that it's a chroot'ed postfix)

I dunno what you have configured but per default with the NetBSD
postfix, config files reside in /etc/postfix, except for the aliases
file, which is shared with sendmail in /etc/mail.
This configuration works well with my private machines, which are
using the postfix that ships in-base with NetBSD, aswell as our
mail server, which is using a newer postfix version, replacing the
in-tree one.
They aren't running chroot()'ed either (I'm not even sure it will
work properly, at least not without a royal overhead of setting it
up.)

--mkb