Subject: Re: USB Problems
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
From: Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/06/2001 12:24:34
> >   * Is /dev/sd0d the correct device?
> maybe, maybe not - what does 'disklabel sd0' say?

  root:/usr/local/swiftmq/samples/sun_examples# disklabel sd0
  disklabel: can't read master boot record: Input/output error

> > I have had no problems mounting this on linux, using the 'vfat' filesystem
> > type.  Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Ahhh, you probably want 'mount -t msdos' then. See 'man mount_msdos' for
> details.

OK.  It gives the same error:

  root:~# mount -t msdos /dev/sd0d /mnt/camera
  mount_msdos: /dev/sd0d on /mnt/camera: Input/output error

Thanks so far ... hopefully this can be resolved.  I'm using the
GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel; would this be an issue?

  NetBSD skipper 1.5.1 NetBSD 1.5.1 (GENERIC_LAPTOP) #33: Mon Jul  2
  15:56:09 CEST 2001     he@nsa.uninett.no:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compi
  le/GENERIC_LAPTOP i386

--
Ian Cooper