Subject: Re: sup/rsync'ing from 1.5 to pre-1.5.2
To: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2001 16:09:17
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Chris Baird wrote:

> Given that I have the source tarballs (syssrc.tgz, src.tgz, etc) from
> the 1.5 release, how can I go about updating the source tree using
> sup/rsync/whatever to 1.5.1+ ? (With bandwidth a major concern.)

In theory you should be able to do cvs update -d -P in /usr/src. In
practise, you will need to edit the CVS/Entries file in the top level
frist, otherwise you will only update certain subdirectories.

I'm not at home atm, so I can't check exactly what you need to do, but if
you've used cvs before it should be failry straightforward.

Good luck.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget