Subject: Re: [altq 1035] Re: altq not working in NetBSD 1.5
To: , <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Myrddin Emrys <netbsd@spiritusa.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2001 14:04:49
From: Kenjiro Cho <kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 9:52 AM

> Another place you can look at is the entry point for the special
> device open call: spec_open() in sys-altq/miscfs/specfs/spec_vnops.c.
>
> You can insert something like:
>
>        if (maj == 75)
> printf("cdevsw[75].d_open = %p\n", cdevsw[maj].d_open);
>
> to get the address of the open routine for cdev 75.
> Then, compare it with the result of "nm /netbsd | grep altqopen".

Did this, got output. Every time I attempt to start altqd, I get the message
(in kernel colors):

cdevsw[75].d_open = 0xc011902c

This matches the address for the altqopen() function as found by nm:

c011902c t altqopen

Yet, the printf statement I added to the altqopen() function never prints:

src/altq-sys/altq/altq_conf.c
-------------------------------
altqopen(dev, flag, fmt, p)
        dev_t dev;
        int flag, fmt;
        struct proc *p;
{
        int unit = minor(dev);
+       printf("altq: Entering altqopen, unit = %i",unit);

Any suggestions?

Myrddin