Subject: Re: Talking to Microsoft Browsers
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/01/2001 04:43:09
from Todd Gruhn:

>I have sent my dad 2 copies of a graphic in
>PDF (made using the Bakoma fonts) and in JPEG.
>My dad can't view either of them. He is computer
>ignorant -- so he bought a system with Microsoft
>on it. Can someone give me some insights into this
>problem...

I presume your dad has a recent version of MS-Windows, so I think there would be
a graphic viewer including JPEG, GIF and other file formats.  I think there
would also be an Adobe Acrobat Reader, or else it can be downloaded free from
Adobe.

How did you send the graphic and PDF?  Was it by email, as base64-encoded
attachments?  Was your dad able to extract/decode the base64 to get the JPEG and
PDF files?  This looks more like a Windows question than a NetBSD question.