Subject: Re: Problems with SanDisk USB-CF reader
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/26/2001 14:04:13
4>
> The disklabel contains valid partition info:
>
>   e:   252896       32      MSDOS                        # (Cyl.    0*-
>
> If I change to 4.2BSD and newfs it, then it works, but I can't use BSDFS
> with the camera.
>
> Any idea why mount_msdos don't want to play with the thing?
where DOS partition begins?
does this card has any partitions at all?

if not /dev/sd0d should be used (whole disk)

if yes - the "using fictitious geometry" could make problem.

read it's partition table with fdisk and (last cylinder, head and sector)
you will get "real" geometry. then create BSD disklabel with this set and
define dos partition.