Subject: Problems with SanDisk USB-CF reader
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/26/2001 13:08:45
I thought an external Compact Flash reader for USB would be better than
working directly against the camera. I've seen people done this before.

So I wetn ahead and got a Sandisk CF reader.. When inserted I get this
dmesg output:

umass0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: SanDisk Corporation ImageMate CompactFlash USB, rev 1.10/0.09,
addr 3
umass0: using SCSI over BBB-P
scsibus1 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 luns per target
scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
sd1 at scsibus1 target 1 lun 0: <SanDisk, ImageMate II, 1.30> SCSI2
0/direct removable
sd1: mode sense (4) returned nonsense; using fictitious geometry
sd1: 123 MB, 123 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 253441 sectors

Looks very nice to me, but I cant mount the card:

bunke# mount /dev/sd1e /mnt/cf
mount_msdos: /dev/sd1e on /mnt/cf: Operation not supported by device

The disklabel contains valid partition info:

  e:   252896       32      MSDOS                        # (Cyl.    0*-

If I change to 4.2BSD and newfs it, then it works, but I can't use BSDFS
with the camera.

Any idea why mount_msdos don't want to play with the thing?

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se