Subject: Re: sendmail/genericstable
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/23/2001 21:50:19
On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:17:26PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > > i know this. but why it doesn't work this way?!
> > >
> > > is pine doing something that blocks genericstable?
> >
> > Yes. It's adding a "From:" header.
> so i don't understand genericstable in sendmail
> it (as i understand) should check it sender name (this at From:) is in
> database and if it is - change to specified.
>
> so why it is not working?

Check out the EXCELLENT example in the Netbsd guide (see the link at
www.netbsd.org/Documentation). It remaps the LOCAL user to a user from
your mailservice. Like your login name on your machine in your C-class
IP is 'banzai' and you send mail from banzai then you can have an entry
that remaps 'banzai@banzai.net' (where banzai.net is your 'resolved'
machine name in your c class net) to my-email-account@my-provider.com when
resending the thing so your email service provider can resolve the from
header part and marks it as a valid message. But, as I said, check out the
entry in the excellent (!) NetBSD guide.

Martin Weber