Subject: OT? NetBSD, ISPs and Norway
To: NetBSD users <NetBSD-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/22/2001 00:57:02
Hello...

This mail might be a bit off topic, because it isn't about NetBSD
alone. So perhaps just write to me privately.

Possibly I am going to Oslo/Norway next year to work there for at
least six months. Upto now I have never been there, so all I know
about Norway is, that it is said to be quite expensive to live there.
So I am interested in further information about it:

 - I want to continue using NetBSD. A new computer might be needed
   after my move. Should I get one here in Germany and bring it with
   me? Any problems I should expect?

 - What does connecting to the Internet cost? Which services are
   available for which money?
   (No, I didn't browse Norwegian ISP home pages, because I don't
   speak the language yet.)

 - How about the availability of a job for a studied computer
   scientist (university diploma) up there? What can I expect (tasks,
   money, ...)

Yepp, the questions are quite general. I am not sure at all yet if I
go to Norway, so I didn't search too much yet. But any information or
pointers would be welcome. Many thanks in advance,

Björn

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)