Subject: Re: utmp and maxusers.
To: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/21/2001 22:10:50
> how to set global default -p ulimit for everybody?
>
> kern.maxproc is 1044 here
>
> i can't find any sysctl for that

i found options MAXUPRC

manual says it defaults to CHILD_MAX which is now 80.

but how to set CHILD_MAX larger?

it means now that no more than 80 ssh connection could ever be made - as
sshd forks for each so it's easy to reach CHILD_MAX

or i think wrong?

     ooppttiioonnss MMAAXXUUPPRRCC==iinntteeggeerr
     Sets the _R_L_I_M_I_T___N_P_R_O_C resource limit, which specifies the maximum number
     of simultaneous processes a user is permitted to run, for process 0; this
     value is inherited by its child processes.  It defaults to _C_H_I_L_D___M_A_X,
     which is currently defined to be 80.  Setting _M_A_X_U_P_R_C to a value less
     than _C_H_I_L_D___M_A_X is not permitted, as this would result in a violation of
     the semantics of IEEE Std 1003.1-1990 (``POSIX'').