Subject: Re: Writing rc.d scripts
To: None <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/19/2001 00:52:23
In message <200108181638.f7IGccm02204@gandalf.wanderer.us>
	on Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:38:38 -0500 (EST),
	"Todd Gruhn's account" <tgruhn2@mail.com> wrote:
> I too am interested in writing rc.d scripts: I wish to write and use
> /etc/rc.d/apache to start and stop httpd (apache of course).
You shouldn't investiment wheels again.  That sciprt is contained in
apache package.

> But when I execute ./apache I get:
>
> ./apache: WARNING: $httpd is not set properly.
>
> Just what does this mean? I don't have an $httpd var, just $name
> here is my code:
Since you use "load_rc_config" shell function with argument "httpd",
you need to assing value to a shell variable "httpd".  Typically you
need to have a line bellow to /etc/rc.conf or /etc/rc.conf.d/httpd.

httpd=YES

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>