Subject: Re: NetBSD and SPDIF?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/17/2001 00:22:20
[apologies for the delayed reply]

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience of playing mp3 audio files and using an
> SPDIF interface to connect to a digital amplifier?  I bought a new amplifier
> which can decode mp3's, but none of my audio cards have digital outputs and
> even if they did, I'm not sure if it would work under NetBSD.

I have a ymf724-based soundcard in one of my machines which I used under
Windows to play mp3s through the SPDIF output. I have yet to try this card
under NetBSD (it certainly wasn't supported when I first installed NetBSD
on that machine, and it now has 2 sound cards, one for NetBSD and one for
Windows), so I have no idea if NetBSD even supports the SPDIF output.

Good luck, and let me know if you manage it.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget