Subject: Re: binary compatibility openbsd and netbsd
To: None <talmage@acm.org>
From: Lista de NetBSD Users <list10@sepc.edu.mx>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/15/2001 13:19:14
Big mistake.... I am sorry

In my last message I wrote "kavtuner works fine"...
It was bcause I ran the version of Linux of kavtuner
and I have the suse libs installed in /usr/pkg.

kavtuner give the same message of kavdaemon:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: kavdaemon: libintl.so.1.0: No such file or directory

Again... I am sorry

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, David Talmage wrote:
> > server# /usr/local/share/AVP/kavdaemon
> > /usr/libexec/ld.so: kavdaemon: libintl.so.1.0: No such file or directory
> > libintl.so.1.0 is part of gettext-lib-0.10.35nb1 and is
> > intalled in /usr/pkg/lib
>
> Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?  Does it include /usr/pkg/lib?

I added a "/usr/pkg/lib" to /etc/ld.so.conf

> What does
>    ldd /usr/local/share/AVP/kavdaemon
> say?

It says:
ldd: /usr/local/share/AVP/kavdaemon: unrecognized file format

Thanks a lot for answer my message:

I am not sure if NetBSD can run OpenBSD binaries without some libs
installed.

Heron Gallegos