Subject: Re: Houston, anyone?
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/14/2001 16:24:38
> > (It also depends upon whether there is any impetus to have some kind of
> > meeting or the like.  If there isn't such an interest, the point of a
> > regional mailing list is pretty limited.  If getting together for lunch=
,
> > or some such, is desired...4 hours is a long time to drive for lunch.
> > Probably even a Texan-born will admit to that.  (^&)
>
> Yeah, I suppose 4 hours is a bit much for just lunch :) (mais je suis n=
=E9
> au Baton Rouge, Louisiana :) I'd travel for, say a visit to Johnson

Ah, maybe we need to find a native Texan to give an opinion on a 4-hour
drive to lunch.

> Space Center or something like that though :) (BTW, I hear the 25th is
> open house there...)

I didn't know that...hm.  Of course, I was just there a couple of weeks
ago.  (One of the perqs of having nephews is that you get more excuses to
go to things lik the space center...)

> So you're at Rice now? I graduated from the University of St. Thomas,
> not too far away from there :)

I've heard the name, but would have to hunt around on a map to find it.
But, yeah.  I'm at Rice.  In theory, they'll let me go in about 5 years.
We'll see how that works out.