Subject: Re: Houston, anyone?
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2001 16:42:28
> - > 	I don't know about either case..  I've been doing quiet
> - > evangelism for NetBSD in the Dallas region for years..
> -
> - Quiet evangelism?  Hm...do I detect an oxymoron this way lurking?  (^&
>
> 	Perhaps.. But there's no point in screaming my head off
> if no-one is going to listen..   :-)

What?  You've never heard of ``Primal Scream Therapy''?

> - I think that I've heard from at least two people in Dallas.
 [...]
> 	Well, I know several others in the area.. And I've tried
> to do my part by increasing the numbers.. Frequently by giving
> folks hardware to play with that only NetBSD will run on.. (like
> HP 9000/425s, etc..)

Heh.

> - > 	There is an awful log of Texas, and a lot of that is
> - > pretty barren!
> -
> - Probably because they chopped down all of the awful logs.  Strange
> - thing, though, I didn't know that they had any kind of timber
> - industry down here.
> -
> - (duck)
>
> 	Actually, just northeast of you is a tremendous timber
> industry...  Not that I'm related to it in any way, but I
> thought you out to know..  And the duck hunting is supposed to
> be good too.. :-)

(quack)

> 	For more details on the lunch-bunch list, drop me a line
> directly.

Thanks for the offer.  I may take you up on it in time.  (Free time is at
a premium, and lists gobble up chunks of my time quite easily...  But a
Houston-specific list would have some hope of being small & extremely
sparse.  Just what I want, in terms of traffic.  (^&)