Subject: Re: sun-jre1.3
To: Hussain Ali <sha3134@oak.njit.edu>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2001 13:40:44
You should not need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it's done automatically
by the .java_wrapper script. Also, adding CLASSPATH to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
is a mistake.

The only variables you should set are JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH. JAVA_HOME
is not absolutely required. CLASSPATH is only required to point to the
code you want to execute, ie. you don't need $JAVA_LIB/rt.jar.