Subject: Re: Houston, anyone?
To: Richard Rauch <>
From: Dave Huang <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/11/2001 22:28:40
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Richard Rauch wrote:
> I was thinking of something more localized by city.  Texas is a big place,
> after all.  The ``Houston Users of BSD'' (HUB) works as a nice
> acronym...(^&

Texas is a big place, but most of the major cities (Austin, DFW,
Houston, San Antonio) are fairly close to each other (~4 hours drive
max). I think a state-wide list would be better, especially if NetBSD
users are as rare as they seem to be :)

BTW, I don't suppose there's any sort of NetBSD users registry, where
one can fill in a ZIPcode or city or something, and find nearby
NetBSDers? NetBSD developers have <>
which is pretty neat (although xearth's not too good with zooming in on
small areas... the Generic Mapping Tools can make prettier maps. See for an example... inspired by the
NetBSD developer maps :)

Anyways, I'm in Austin... didn't know there was a netbsd-austin mailing
list though :) I remember seeing talk about starting regional mailing
lists, but must've missed the announcement about some actually getting
created :)
INet: |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++