Subject: Re: Houston, anyone?
To: Eric Schnoebelen <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/11/2001 16:06:20
> - > I think that NetBSD-ers in Texas are scarce.
> -
> - Oh, 'eck, chief.  It seems to be the case.  (Now, for the fluff question
> - of the week: Is this scarcity more because NetBSD users avoid Texas, or is
> - it because Texas users avoid NetBSD?)
> 	I don't know about either case..  I've been doing quiet
> evangelism for NetBSD in the Dallas region for years..

Quiet evangelism? I detect an oxymoron this way lurking?  (^&

I think that I've heard from at least two people in Dallas.  Maybe I
should have stopped for lunch when I was driving through in June.  A 50%
growth rate per month would have looked impressive...

I suddenly crave a bumper sticker with that dear old NetBSD slogan: ``Used
by hundreds of people worldwide!''

> 	There is an awful log of Texas, and a lot of that is
> pretty barren!

Probably because they chopped down all of the awful logs.  Strange thing,
though, I didn't know that they had any kind of timber industry down here.

Okay, I guess that I might as well go email Mason and ask for a Houston
regional list to be created.  At worst, I will end up talking to myself
once a week.  That sounds pretty'll keep me off of the
streets, too.

  ``I probably don't know what I'm talking about.''