Subject: Re: arplookup: unable to...
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/11/2001 09:41:01
On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 07:51:04PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> what does such messages exactly mean? there are from NAT box

I was once told that it means you have two networks sharing one physical
wire.  That is indeed the case here; seems there wasn't enough money
budgeted to wire the networks separately :(

> arplookup: unable to enter address for 20.255.254.11 (host is not on local network)

I, too, get millions of these.  Is there anyway to turn them off?  They
completely fill my message log so that a few minutes after booting, I can
no longer use dmesg.  Also means ipmon is out of the question.  A real
headache to which I have found no solution.