Subject: Re: status of
To: Steven Grunza <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/2001 22:44:41
In message <>, Steven Grunza w
>Is the NetBSD server still alive?  I seem to keep getting disconnected
>without any error messages.
>hw-sbus# ftp
>Connected to
>220 FTP server (NetBSD-ftpd 20010417) ready.
>Name ( ftp
>331 Guest login ok, type your name as password.
>421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.
>ftp: Login failed.
>ftp: No control connection for command.

Someone else had a similar problem a few weeks ago.  I had a similar
problem several months ago.  My problem turned out to be a
configuration issue on a Checkpoint firewall.  Here's what our network
administrator said:

	Ok, if they are running Checkpoint FW-1, try comment out the following line in
	$FWDIR/lib/base.def and reinstall the policy:

Let me know if it works.

		--Steve Bellovin,