Subject: boot disk & MD5 Checksum change...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: A.Z. <mertis@ameritech.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/2001 01:04:14
Hello Everyone,

I was trying to create boot floppies for NetBSD 1.5.1. (boot1.fs & boot2.fs)

First I have formated floppies with fdformat -f /dev/fd0a

Then I used dd utility to write image on floppies(from another NetBSD 1.5.1
workstation):

dd if=/dev/fd0a of=./boot1.fs

result looked ok

2880+0 records in
2880+0 records out

When I try to boot my computer with them(ancient 486) it's telling me it's
not a boot disk.
Am I doing anything wrong? Isn't it a right way to do boot floppies?

And one more thing that I don't understand. After writing boot disk with dd
utility
md5 checksum changes on original image file I wrote from (on both boot1.fs
and boot2.fs) . Can someone explain to me why it changes?

Please, send replies to my adress mertis@ameritech.net ,
As I am not subscribed to mailing list.

Thanks,
Andrei.