Subject: Re: distributing amd maps amongst machines
To: None <david@flossy.u-net.com>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@ficus.yi.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2001 22:28:45
David Forbes wrote :
| Dear all,
|
| I was wondering what the best way to distribute amd maps amongst my three
| machines would be.  I have NIS setup and it happily distributes amd.home,
| but it would appear that I need to add another target to the Makefile in
| order to get it to deal with other maps.  This seems to be a bit of a
| drag, so I'm assuming people generally use a neater way?

Once upon a time, a submitted a patch that patches Makefile.yp to make it
handle several amd maps (basically, instead of only considering amd.home,
it uses a list that is user-configurable).

You'll find it browsing the gnats database: PR #11826.

PS: I never had any feedback concerning this patch... happy to see we're
at least two considering the problem ;)