Subject: Re: pthreads
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/03/2001 15:05:59
David Maxwell wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:14:19AM +0000, Jim DeLisle wrote:
>
>>I'm sure that I'm simply slightly confused...but, are pthreads
>>supported? And if so, how...?
>>

> Currently userland-based pthreads are supported, using one of the many
> threading packages available in pkgsrc.
>
> (devel/ptl2 devel/pth devel/mit-threads devel/unproven-pthreads ...)
>
> Currently, ptl2 is my favorite.

Can anyone comment on the stability/correctness of any of these
packages? I may be having some weird problems with devel/pth and
I'd like to know which one I should try next.

Back in the 1.4 days, I used unproven-pthreads for the JDK port and
it worked fine. Does anyone have experience with it under 1.5?