Subject: Re: [netbsd-users] Re: netbsd sshd - really nobody knows?
To: David Bronder <david-bronder@uiowa.edu>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/01/2001 19:15:53
> For performance, the '"cipher none" alternatives' thread in the list
> archives is one of a couple threads that discuss this.  Several people
> actually did some testing, and typically they found there was no
> significant performance difference between using arcfour or blowfish
> and no cipher.  If you really want to speed things up, it looked like
it's a joke. maybe on athlon 6000 Mhz overclocked to 10000 and 10Mbps
ethernet there is no difference.

with 486/33 ssh uses 100% CPU and is able to deliver about 100kB/s

if you know any way to use ftp,telnet with something like RSA auth in ssh
(no need to enter password every time) please let me know. it would be
very usable!