Subject: Re: Tecra 8100 console display problem
To: dan radom <dradom@redback.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/29/2001 18:47:45
Hi !

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, dan radom wrote:
> I've got a problems with 1.5.1 on a Toshiba Tecra 8100.  The console display it very small.  It only uses a small square in the middle of my display that's about 5" x 5".  I've tried messing with some of the wsdisplay lines in my kernel config.  Any ideas on what I need to do to change this?

Notebooks usually have resolutions of 1024x768 or so today. The text resolution
is 720x400 or something like this. So the image you see is just centered into
the full resolution. Only 2 things to avoid this:

Hunt for some setup function like "screen expansion" or so in your BIOS setup
or maybe Windoze-based setup tool (as i need it on my Thinkpad)
Try to change the resolution of your text console (SVGATextMode was my first
contact for such things, but i don't know if it runs on NetBSD).

You could alternatively use X on this machine, this is the best way on a
modern notebook delivering enough resources for it. Makes fun with a PII-266
and 64 Megs of RAM.

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS