Subject: Re: help with recovering deleted file
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/28/2001 18:17:10
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Caffeinate The World wrote:

> any help on recovering 'dir' and it's files? they are small text files.

Do you know of any keywords in these small text files?

If it is only a few files, then use grep, vi or your other favorite text
processing tools directly on the device.

For example, this works for me:
   grep -a -B5000 -A5000 "down by creek" /dev/wd0f > J
(Then I edit J down to get the actual file.)

> i did research the net and found The Coroner's Toolkit, but it doesn't
> seem to compile on NetBSD.

Please tell us any error messages that are reported, so we can try to get
lazarus (is that the name of the tool?) working.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/