Subject: Re: Dammed ads
To: Todd Gruhn's account <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/24/2001 14:18:08
[ On Tuesday, July 24, 2001 at 09:04:45 (-0500), Todd Gruhn's account wrote: ]
> Subject: Dammed ads
>
> This is really getting me pissed, becuase I already have junkbuster and
> IPF running... And commandeering my browser is just TOO MUCH!
> By the same token, couldn't someone run an http cookie through mail.com,
> rm -rf someones server, and make it look like mail.com is the perp?

Why not read youre e-mail with a proper mail reader?

You should never ever read your e-mail with a browser!  It's *WAY* too
dangerous (and I'm not talking about just annoying advertisments)!  Even
plain-looking HTML can be dangerous in a mail reader that actually tries
to interpret it, and getting a browser to show HTML as text is almost
impossible.

--
							Greg A. Woods