Subject: Re: Will DiskOnKey work?
To: Wojciech Puchar <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/20/2001 12:20:25
In message <>, Wojcie
ch Puchar writes:
>> Has anyone tried a DiskOnKey USB "disk drive" on NetBSD?  They claim
>> that Win98 ME, Win2K, MacOS 9, and Linux 2.4 support it with no special
>> drivers needed.  (
>so it should as umass and scsibus (or atapibus) on umass
"should" is a wonderful word...  Apart from the question of whether or
not it really is umass, that still might not guarantee that it will
work.  I have a USB floppy drive that claims to be umass/scsi.  It
usually -- but not always -- works for reading, and never works for
writing on NetBSD.  (Hmm -- I should try it on -current.)

		--Steve Bellovin,