Subject: Re: Will DiskOnKey work?
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/20/2001 12:20:25
In message <Pine.NEB.4.33.0107201721290.6400-100000@wojtek.3miasto.net>, Wojcie
ch Puchar writes:
>k>
>> Has anyone tried a DiskOnKey USB "disk drive" on NetBSD?  They claim
>> that Win98 ME, Win2K, MacOS 9, and Linux 2.4 support it with no special
>> drivers needed.  (www.diskonkey.com)
>so it should as umass and scsibus (or atapibus) on umass

"should" is a wonderful word...  Apart from the question of whether or
not it really is umass, that still might not guarantee that it will
work.  I have a USB floppy drive that claims to be umass/scsi.  It
usually -- but not always -- works for reading, and never works for
writing on NetBSD.  (Hmm -- I should try it on -current.)