Subject: Weird bug - pppd + Mesa
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Mallet <mallet@laas.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/15/2001 17:38:14
Hi there,

For quite a long time now, I've been experiencing a very strange bug. The
source of the problem is quite difficult to find since the bug totally
freeze my machine (either netbsd 1.5 or 1.5.1, i386); the keyboard does
even not respond (ctrl-alt-escape doesn't lauch ddb).

I finally found that this bug occurs when
a) I've been using a MesaGL appp (from XFree 4.0.1)
b) pppd (and/or pptp) detects that my adsl connection goes down and
   restarts (home made (clean!) script that runs pptp in a loop).

The machine freeze after the last pppd and pptp processes have exited and
just before the new processes are restarted.

I can't see a direct correlation between pppd and Mesa, so i'm looking
for ideas or hints to find out what the problem is...