Subject: RE: ipf counting and rrdtool
To: Gwilym Evans <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2001 00:25:11
[ On Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 11:58:13 (+1000), Gwilym Evans wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: ipf counting and rrdtool
> For my purposes ipf/ipfstat allows me to manage rules such as the ones
> above. It allows me to figure the total downloads and uploads and also
> allows me to figure out how much each pc is using. The cost of this net
> connection is shared so in the rare that case we get charged for using over
> the 3gb cap, this extra info will come in handy.

I didn't realize at first that you were splitting the usage out like

Which begs the question even more -- why don't you think ipacct will
work for you.  It sounds like it's the very best match for your

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>     <>
Planix, Inc. <>;   Secrets of the Weird <>