Subject: Re: UPS to use with NetBSD?
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/11/2001 12:04:17
On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:29:19AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
>    I'm very happy with Best Power's (Micro-)FerrUPS units.  They have a
>    very nice RS-232 interface, even on their older models.  My old (1992)
>
> Are there public documents on the RS-232 communications protocol that
> can be used to control them (or other Best Power products)?  If so,
> where are they?
>
> Cheers,
> Brook

You might want to check out NUT (Network UPS Tools) at
http://www.exploits.org/nut/ which specifically supports
the Best (Micro-)FerrUPS.

Also see
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/sysutils/ups-nut/README.html

Ben
--
The honest man is the one who realizes that he cannot
consume more, in his lifetime, than he produces.