Subject: Re: PPPoE and the MTU/MSS problem
To: Thomas Schwarzkopf <tschwarzkopf@t-online.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2001 19:50:04
Hello,

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Thomas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> I also use rp-pppoe-3.0 on a 486/50MHz box running NetBSD-1.5 for
> 3 months now and i never had any problems. Max. download rate is
> is about 90kB/s and i didn't expierience any stability problems
> so far.
> But of course it's nice to read that it's possible to use pppoe
> on a NetBSD-system without a roaring penguin ;-)

Ok, this will be the fact i need for decision... for now. Because RP seems to
be the only one to fix the MSS problem. I also don't like the yellow-feetet
thing too much, but if this works, it's a temporary solution. How about MSS
rewriting in this kernel pppoe stuff? I don't think this is implemented there,
as i didn't see anything lokking as this.

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS