Subject: Re: PPPoE and the MTU/MSS problem
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2001 06:28:57
Hi !

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > My firewall at home is an old 486 running NetBSD-1.5.
> > So, what to do best?
> In this situation, probably going to -current and using the in-kernel
> stuff there is a good idea. It will give you a *very noticeable* performance
> boost!

This is not really the problem. I currently run full speed, the problem is, it
just doesn't work reliable.

> On the other hand, I had absolutely no problems (re: stability) when running
> rp-pppoe. (Besides performance, of course)

Okay, maybe i'll try this. But with mouse-pppoe, i have the full bandwidth when
downloading, this 486/100 is not that slow :)

visit   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS