Subject: Re: How to restore a multi volume dump?
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/01/2001 18:18:41
[ On Sunday, July 1, 2001 at 23:14:12 (+0200), Matthias Scheler wrote: ]
> Subject: How to restore a multi volume dump?
> I want to restore a multi volume dump with "restore rf $TAPE. But when
> the end of the first tape is reached "restore" reports a read error
> instead of asking for a tape change. I tried to eject the tape manual
> but it still has the tape device opened. The only option is to abort
> the restore. What am I doing wrong?

That sounds very similar to PR#10826, and to problems I've encountered
in the past too.  I haven't had to do multi-volume dumps in some time
though so I don't have any recent experiences with managing them.

Maybe once I get a newer OS on my SparcStation-2 (which has a 525MB QIC
tape drive) I can do some experiments....

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>     <>
Planix, Inc. <>;   Secrets of the Weird <>