Subject: Re: ipf problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn's account <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2001 16:58:23
I have been learning about ipf:

if I do ipstat -i I see the rules that operate on the inbound packets
if I do ipstat -o                ...              the outbound packets

if I do ipstat -inh/onh I see all the rules an the number of times they
 scored a hit.

Since there appears to be enough hits, why are they not getting to the
logfile?

I have just added a line to syslog.conf, IPFILTER_LOG is on in the kernel,
and I set pseudo-device ipfilter to 1 (having it set to " " didn't sound
right), and ipmon = YES in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Has something changed between NetBSD-1.4.3 and NetBSD-1.5.0 that I am
not aware of?