Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: Kevin Sindhu <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 17:06:53
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 01:27:50PM -0700, Kevin Sindhu wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > Uh.  Sure.  And OpenBSD didn't repeatedly integrate non-release versions
> > of ipf against it's author's explicit wishes.   And The 0 didn't dredge up
> > a LICENSE file from a non-release version of ipf and tell his harpies to
> > flame Darren about it, firing the first shot, in point of fact, himself.
> Umm..yeah right. This thread is more "ignoratis elenchi" than anything
> else. Please stick to the real issue. Darren's an idiot, and Theo's a

I see we have arrived at the genuine (and perhaps only) issue at hand:
you seem to think that if you disagree with Darren, the right thing to
do is to call him names in public.  That's not the opinion of the NetBSD
project; if it's the opinion of other BSD projects, as far as I'm concerned,
may they reap what they sew.

Thor Lancelot Simon
    And now he couldn't remember when this passion had flown, leaving him so
  foolish and bewildered and astray: can any man?
						   William Styron