Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Kevin Sindhu <kevin@tgivan.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 13:27:50
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> Uh.  Sure.  And OpenBSD didn't repeatedly integrate non-release versions
> of ipf against it's author's explicit wishes.   And The 0 didn't dredge up
> a LICENSE file from a non-release version of ipf and tell his harpies to
> flame Darren about it, firing the first shot, in point of fact, himself.

Umm..yeah right. This thread is more "ignoratis elenchi" than anything
else. Please stick to the real issue. Darren's an idiot, and Theo's a
pain the arse at times. The whole issue was/is completely ridiculous
to start with, and now we have pf and IPF (back where it started out
in the first place).

> No very public smear campaign was carried out against Darren or against ipf.

Yes, you are right. No public smear campaign was carried out against
the author of IPF. Yes, many were peeved, and no their actions did not
represent the interests of OpenBSD as whole.

Please take this as the last mail from me. *sigh*...why do we *BSD'ers
end up fighting more within ourselves?

-Kevin

--
Divide and rule.