Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: Kevin Sindhu <kevin@tgivan.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 15:39:27
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:15:12AM -0700, Kevin Sindhu wrote:

> > It seems that you've failed to notice that you are largely alone here in
> > having fallen for Theo's usual line of goods.  See, the way the world seems
> > to work over there, Theo's Right and everyone else is Wrong -- the facts be
> > damned.  If you want to live in Wonderland, you know where to find it;
> > however, in *this* project, we do make an effort to play a bit less often
> > the part of Alice.
>
> Please do not make acquisitions like these before knowing the real
> issue. The reason it was taken of src in OpenBSD was because *at that
> point* it did not meet OpenBSD's goals of free software. It had
> nothing to do with Theo's stubbornness or Darren's stupidity

Uh.  Sure.  And OpenBSD didn't repeatedly integrate non-release versions
of ipf against it's author's explicit wishes.   And The 0 didn't dredge up
a LICENSE file from a non-release version of ipf and tell his harpies to
flame Darren about it, firing the first shot, in point of fact, himself.
No very public smear campaign was carried out against Darren or against ipf.
Sure.  Right.  Whatever.  And The 0's never done anything like this before,
either.  Heh.

    And now he couldn't remember when this passion had flown, leaving him so
  foolish and bewildered and astray: can any man?
						   William Styron